The Wellbeing Team can provide you with support and advice on all health issues plus we offer services to improve your well-being.

if you are not registered with a GP, please register at a surgery of your choice using the information below:

Do you need urgent medical treatment?

  • call NHS 24 on 111 and speak to a nurse
  • contact your GP for an urgent appointment
  • go to the accident and emergency department at Raigmore Inverness Hospital.

Do you need advice?


If you are under 25, talk to your doctor about the Meningitis C vaccine

Mumps/ Measles

If you are between 18 and 25 it's likely you've only had one dose of the MMR (measles, mumps and rubella) vaccine. You need two to be properly immunised. Make an appointment with a GP for another vaccination.

Download more information about measles and mumps.

Giving blood

We support the National Blood Service. Do something amazing - give blood.
More on the National Blood Service website

Smoking content




We have a No Smoking Policy which aims to provide a healthy working environment and protect the health of employees, students and visitors by raising awareness of the dangers associated with exposure to tobacco smoke. The No Smoking Policy prohibits

  • smoking within any College building.
  • smoking in the vicinity of entrances and exits to College buildings
  • preparation of smoking materials in all public places
  • smoking in vehicles owned or hired by the College.
  • the use of electronic cigarettes in no smoking areas.

The policy will apply to all staff, students, contractors and visitors to the College.

Breaches of the policy may result in disciplinary action.

There are services available if you wish to stop smoking, either through your GP, local pharmacy, community drop-in or helpline.
Scotlands National Can Stop Smoking website - and helpline 0800 848484 or chat onlin

Smoking is only permitted in the designated smoking shelters. Smoking is not permitted inside any Inverness College UHI building or adjacent to. A smoking shelter is located opposite the main campus building, adjacent to the road.

At the Scottish School of Forestry a shelter is located to the front of the building.

Want help giving up? Support is available.

Alcohol and Drugs content

Alcohol and Drugs

Alcohol and Drugs

Alcohol and drugs

Drinking alcohol is part of student culture, but we just want to make sure you are safe when you are out drinking.  If you are going to be drinking, leave the car at home. Try and have two alcohol free days each week. Stay well hydrated, a good way is to alternate an alcoholic drink with a soft drink.

Follow Police Scotlands advice about partying safe

Anyone with concerns regarding drug use or feeling under pressure from friends to try drugs can seek advice from the know the score website.