Financial Support and Advice
contentHighland Foodbank content
Speak to a member of the Student Support Team if you are worried about your circumstances. We can signpost you to useful help and support in our local community.
- Cafe 1668 - Open Monday to Friday 9-5pm. 86 Church Street, Inverness. Food larder and free food in Inverness. Open to the public.
- Money Saving tips for students - Use your student card for a variety of discounts Money Saving Tips (padlet.com)
- Worrying about money? Click on the link for advice from the Highland Council Worrying about money advice | Worrying about money (English) (highland.gov.uk)
- Church and community groups - Check out your local church or community group social media pages for details of support and food provision
- Food waste apps - Download the Join Our Food Waste Movement (toogoodtogo.co.uk) or Helping to stop food waste in United Kingdom - OLIO (olioex.com) apps for the latest information on reducing food waste.
- The Cubby - If you need any toiletries or a warm jacket you can access the Cubby. Located between the LRC and room 242 and in The Bothy.
- Funding - Make sure you have applied for all the Student Funding you are entitled to.
- Community Food Fridge Schemes - Highland Good Food Partnership have created a Highland Food Map listing community fridges across the Highlands. The fridges are coloured orange on the map.
- Warm Spaces - Find an up to date list of warm spaces across Inverness here - Inverness Warm Spaces
- Benefits and Grants - Check what benefits or grants you are entitled to by using the benefits calculator provided by the charity Turn2us. Access the calculator here - Fighting UK Poverty - Turn2us
Highland Foodbank - Inverness, Nairn, Badenoch and Strathspey - The Trussell Trust You can also contact the Student Support Team for a Foodbank referral