Funding for part time courses


Further education: Access, Intermediate 1 or 2, SVQ, NC, NQ, Higher

If you are interested in enrolling on a part-time further education course or subject(s) you can apply for Travel Allowance and Education Maintenance Allowance (if under 18 years of age) to assist with the cost of study. If you are studying part time, you will have to pay tuition fees. However, if you are in receipt of benefits or you are on a low income you may be eligible for a fee waiver – ask the Student Support Team for further help at

Higher education:  BA, BSc, HND/DipHE, HNC/CertHE

If you are studying part time you should visit the SAAS website for further information on the part-time fee grant.

Our Student Support Team will be happy to help with any further queries