Funding for full time courses

Further education: Access, Intermediate 1 or 2, SVQ, NC,NQ, Higher

If you are interested in enrolling on a full-time further education course at Inverness College UHI you can apply for a bursary or Educational Maintenance Allowance from the college Admissions and Student Funding Team.

Most full-time further education students will be entitled to an automatic fee waiver. Short-term full-time courses will normally incur a fee but you may be eligible for a fee waiver depending on your personal circumstances, e.g. if you are in receipt of certain benefits.

Higher education:BA, BSc, HND/DipHE, HNC/CertHE

If you are interested in enrolling on a full-time higher education course at Inverness College UHI, Scottish domiciled students and those from other European Union countries outwith the UK can apply to SAAS for tuition-free support. Depending on your circumstances you may also be entitled to the following support:

  • Student loans: These are partly means tested against family income.
  • Young Students’ Bursary: This is available for students aged 25 or below from lower income families. This is dependent on family income and replaces part of the student loan.
  • Independent Students' Bursary (ISB): This is available for independent students and is dependent on family income. Additional grants are available to students with dependant responsibilities and for those students who had previously been in care.