Things to remember if you are living away from home for the first time.

  • Register with a dentist. Free dental treatment is available at the University's Centre for Health Science in Inverness;
  • Register with a doctor's practice;
  • If you are moving home, check your accommodation check-in date/key collection process. It's always useful to arrive with some basic food items to settle in and find your nearest supermarket;
  • Make sure you know how to get to Inverness Campus. The number 2 bus service operated by Stagecoach is the main service, which operates in and out of the campus;
  •  Away from home for the first time? Plan a budget for living expenses;
  • Inverness College UHI will provide you with a letter confirming you are a registered student. This is sometimes required by landlords for private rental, council tax exemption and by banks to open a bank account. You can download a copy of your letter as soon as you have enrolled via the Student Hub.
  • You must apply for a TV Licence if you are using any device to watch live or catch up television.

Remember, our Guidance Team on hand to help you at all times. Get in touch with any questions, or if you need some information and advice.