Congratulations and a very warm welcome to our new students joining Inverness College UHI. We’re delighted you’ve decided to take up your studies here in Inverness. We want you to settle into student life and have organised a range of induction and freshers’ events to help you find your feet.
Induction – what to expect
You’ll have received induction information in July, inviting you to attend an enrolment session during w/c 27th August or 3rd September. If you have not received details regarding your induction date/time, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
At this induction session, you will be:
- Introduced to your Personal Academic Tutor (PAT), who will provide you with academic support throughout the duration of your studies. Your PAT is your key point of contact and is there to help you succeed in your studies and will signpost you to any support you require;
- Be invited to enrol if you have not done so online;
- Receive your student identification card (you will get your photograph taken so be prepared!);
- You will be introduced to SkillZone - our one stop shop for study skills - where you can apply for a student parking permit during your enrolment day, if required.
- You will attend a briefing by the Guidance Team, where you will find out about the student support services available, how to report absences, advice on funding, who your student association (HISA) representatives are, and our services including the Library, Learning Resource Centre, and wellbeing team.
- Your PAT will outline the content of your course, signpost you to where to find your course handbook, and introduce you to key staff relevant to your study. Timetables are issued with induction information. Speak to your PAT if you have not received a timetable.
- You will be made familiar with our campus and where to find everything.
ICT Support – what you need to do
Watch this video to find out how to login on to our computers, access Wi-Fi, find the MyDay student portal – a one stop shop for all student related information – and use the printers/photocopiers.
We recommend students download the ‘myday’ student portal smart phone app.
Login via your user ID (email@example.com) and password. This will give you access to the student portal at home, including your email and calendar.
Please contact our ICT Team if you are having difficulties with any of the above.
This is where you will find additional induction information, including campus maps, opening hours, information on the Highlands and Islands Students Association, and our academic calendar.
Blackboard is also used by many teaching staff to upload course information for students.
Are you a Further Education student?
You can now download your course handbook.