Careers and employability
We have a commitment to bring our students closer to business and their chosen professions – from the way we teach, the flexibility of our offer (full and part-time as well as online), the courses we deliver and the involvement of employers. Our employer links give our students access to meaningful experiences and opportunities, placements and extra-curricular activity.
There is also an opportunity to study abroad through our Erasmus programme and experience life in another culture.
Help on offer includes :
- Individual consultations with careers advisers;
- CV workshops;
- Comprehensive online resources;
- Access to job vacancies;
- Mock interviews
We prepare students for the workplace; giving them the practical tools to thrive. We will help you develop skills that are highly prized by employers, such as communication skills, working in groups and proficiency in using modern information technology.
An enterprising spirit
We encourage a spirit of enterprise here at Inverness. Many of our courses are designed to develop our students’ enterprise and employability skills. It’s a key part of the experience and it can really boost your job prospects. Our CREATE team deliver more specific modules in entrepreneurship for those with aspirations to start their own businesses. Student enterprise thrives throughout the college with a range of extra-curricular activities including business planning competitions, events and support services for students with real business ideas.
Computing careers include
- Software developer https://www.prospects.ac.uk/job-profiles/systems-developer
- Systems analyst https://www.prospects.ac.uk/job-profiles/systems-analyst
- Computer sales support https://www.prospects.ac.uk/job-profiles/it-sales-professional
- IT technical support officer https://www.prospects.ac.uk/job-profiles/it-technical-support-officer
- Database administrator https://www.prospects.ac.uk/job-profiles/database-administrator
Business careers include:
- Retail manager https://www.prospects.ac.uk/job-profiles/retail-manager
- Marketing executive https://www.prospects.ac.uk/job-profiles/marketing-executive
- Human resources officer https://www.prospects.ac.uk/job-profiles/human-resources-officer
- CIPD career support https://www.cipd.co.uk/about/what-we-do/career-support
- Chartered accountant https://www.prospects.ac.uk/job-profiles/chartered-accountant
- Advertising account executive https://www.prospects.ac.uk/job-profiles/advertising-account-executive