Early Years and Childcare
- Introduction to Childhood Practice SCQF Level 5
- Care Practice Flexible Programme - SCQF Level 6
- Childcare and Men in Practice SCQF Level 6
- Social Services Children & Young People SVQ 2 - SCQF Level 6
- Scoial Services Children & Young People SVQ 3 - SCQF Level 7
- Social Services Children & Young People Modern Apprenticeship - SCQF Level 7
- Childhood Practice SCQF Level 6
- HNC in Childhood Practice SCQF Level 7
- BA (Hons) Childhood Practice SCQF Level 8-10
- BA (Hons) Child and Youth Studies SCQF Level 7-10
- Graduate Apprenticeship Early Learning and Childcare SCQF Level 7-9
Continuous professional development:
Do you have any questions? Contact us.
Why choose childcare?
Why choose us?
Why choose us?
Make an impact by developing the formative years of the next generation. We will provide you with the skills, knowledge and confidence needed to work in nursery or childcare settings.
If you’re starting out on your learning journey, you’ll gain the skills needed to progress to higher level study and the practical experience to go on to work in the Early Years and Childcare sector. You’ll learn how to develop positive relationships with children and other professionals and to support positive outcomes.
Our courses look at children in a holistic way, considering their entire wellbeing through, for example, child development, observation, emotions and social support.
All our staff come from a practice base, with some still working in the industry, meaning the teaching is current and responsive to what’s happening in the workplace.
We provide practical experience and work placements are included on many of our courses. We have fantastic links with local schools and nurseries, and we have a high progression rate to employment.
If you are already employed in the sector or are looking to climb the career ladder, you will benefit from the CPD and short courses and higher level offer available, including degrees and apprenticeships. All our courses are taught by experienced and supportive staff.
With a diverse range of roles and career opportunities, flexible prospects present themselves, you can choose to work full time, part time or even on a temporary or casual basis if you prefer. Choose from a variety of career paths such as Childcare/Early years practitioner, childminder, learning support assistant or nursery supervisor.
If you’re interested in becoming a future Early Years, Childcare & Education professional, then we’d love to hear from you and answer any questions you may have; you can speak directly to one of the course team by completing the enquiry form on these pages.
Some of our lecturers have created short videos to tell you about a sample of the courses they teach and why they might be the right fit for you: