- Art and Design Lecturer
- Module Leader for Professional Design Practice – BA (Hons) Visual Communication and Design, University of the Highlands and Islands
I studied at Falmouth University and graduated with a BA (Hons) Degree in Illustration in 2002, followed by an MA in Children’s Book Illustration at Cambridge School of Art. After graduating in 2007, I have illustrated a number of books for children and combine my passion for illustration with my love of teaching. Most recently, one of my latest books ‘Can’t Dance Cameron’ has featured on BBC CBeebies Bedtime Stories, read by the British actor and presenter, Tony Kearney and live on the RSPB Big Wild Sleepout: Lockdown Edition. Other clients include; Usbourne Books, Meadowside Books (part of DC Thompson), Floris Books, The Royal Zoological Society of Scotland, English Nature, David Shepherd Conservation Foundation (DSCF) and the Eden Project. I taught at Falmouth University as a studio-based tutor on the BA (Hons) Illustration Level 2 programme whilst completing my PGCHE and have taught at Inverness College UHI since 2012.
Katie teaches across the art and design curriculum, including:
- BA (Hons) Visual Communication and Design
- HND Visual Communication
- NC Art and Design
Subjects including Illustration, Children’s Book Illustration, Sequential Illustration, Developmental Drawing, Professional Design Practice, Final Major Project.
- Postgraduate Certificate in Teaching and Learning in Higher Education (Creative Arts), Falmouth University.
- MA Illustration, Cambridge School of Art
- BA (Hons) Illustration, Falmouth University
- Elected Member, Society of Authors (SOA)
- Highly recommended, Book Trust recognition for illustrated children’s picture book
- Arts Business award, Highlands and Islands Enterprise
- Research Grant ‘Illustration, Young Audiences and the Environment’, Falmouth University
Current Research: ‘Illustration, Young Audiences and the Environment’: An exploration of human communities and their relationship to specific landscape, endangered wildlife and habitats.
- Authorial Practice
- Book Art and the Creation of Children’s Book Art
- Sequential Illustration / Visual Narrative Structures
- Image and Text
- Creative Publishing
- Professional Practice
- Learning through Illustration
- 2012–Present: Art & Design Lecturer at Inverness College UHI, University of the Highlands and Islands
- 2015-Present: Module Leader for Professional Design Practice – BA (Hons) Visual Communication and Design, University of the Highlands and Islands
- 2009-11: Researcher and p/t Studio-based tutor on BA (Hons) Illustration Year 2 at Falmouth University
- 2002 – Present: Illustrator, published nationally and internationally
- Illustration work has featured on a wide range of high-profile projects including the popular BBC children’s channel CBeebies Bedtime Stories and live on the RSPB Big Wild Sleepout: Lockdown Edition
- 2007 – Present: Visiting Lecturer at a number of universities and colleges across the UK
- 2002 – 2015: In-house illustrator, Carte Blanche Greetings Ltd, Chichester, ghosting the leading ‘Me to You’ brand as well as working on own designs
Selected Publications (published internationally):
Can’t Dance Cameron
Dodd, E (Author), and Pamment K (Illustrator). (2014). Edinburgh: Floris Books. ISBN-10 1782500952 ISBN-13 978-1782500957
The Prince and the Pauper
Twain, M (Author), Pamment, K (Illustrator). (January 2008). London: Usborne Books. ISBN 978-0-7945-1818-9 (1 edition)
Grandad (board book version)
Elliot, R (Author), and Pamment, K (Illustrator). (2007). Board book. London: Meadowside Children's Books. (1 edition) ISBN 978-1-84539-297-X Rights sold Korea.
Elliot, R (Author), and Pamment, K (Illustrator). (2005). London: Meadowside Children's Books. Rights sold Korea.
Shoshun, B (Author), and Pamment, K (Illustrator). (2004). London: Meadowside Children's Books. Rights sold Korea. *Highly recommended by Book trust*
Jake the Juggler
Kinear, K (Author), and Pamment, K (Illustrator). (2002). Milton Keynes : Scripture Union.
Solo and group exhibitions across the UK, including the Illustration Cupboard, London.
Contact email: Katie.email@example.com