REHIS Intermediate Food Hygiene
What is special about this course?
The aim of this course is to provide a deeper understanding of food hygiene than is provided at the elementary level. With greater emphasis on HACCP based procedures.
Click here for further details.
· General introduction
· Principles of Food Hygiene
· Contamination, hazards & controls
· Common food poisoning organisms
· Non-bacterial food poisoning
· Food borne infections
· Recent out breaks
· 10 main causes of food poisoning and its prevention
· Food storage and temperature control
· Personal hygiene
· Food Preservation
· Pest control
· Design, layout& construction of premises
· Storage and disposal of waste
· Cleaning and disinfection
· Supervisory Management
· Legislation and the role of an EHO
· Presentation by a representative of the Highland Council
· Revision Session
How will I study my course?
- Short course
How long will my course last?4 Days
Where can I study my course?
- Inverness Campus
For the latest information on fees please see our fees policy.
Is there more information available online?
You can use the above QR code to connect directly to the course details.
Applications are to be made through the Business Solutions Team at UHI Inverness, firstname.lastname@example.org. The Team can also be contacted for further course information on 07385433474
We are delighted that you are thinking about studying at UHI Inverness. UHI Inverness operates a fair and open admissions system committed to equality of opportunity and non-discrimination. We consider all applications on merit and on the basis of ability to achieve, without discrimination on grounds of age, disability, gender identity, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity status, race, religion and/or belief, sex, sexual orientation or socio-economic background. We welcome applications from all prospective students and aim to provide appropriate and efficient services to students with disabilities.