What is special about this course?
The aim of this course is to provide a deeper understanding of food hygiene than is provided at the elementary level. With greater emphasis on HACCP based procedures.
Click here for further details.
· General introduction
· Principles of Food Hygiene
· Contamination, hazards & controls
· Common food poisoning organisms
· Non-bacterial food poisoning
· Food borne infections
· Recent out breaks
· 10 main causes of food poisoning and its prevention
· Food storage and temperature control
· Personal hygiene
· Food Preservation
· Pest control
· Design, layout& construction of premises
· Storage and disposal of waste
· Cleaning and disinfection
· Supervisory Management
· Legislation and the role of an EHO
· Presentation by a representative of the Highland Council
· Revision Session
How will I study my course?
- Short course
How long will my course last?
Where can I study my course?
- Inverness Campus
For the latest information on fees please see our fees policy.
£200 ILA funding is available for this course. To obtain your ILA please contact ILA Scotland on 0800 917 8000 for an application pack or check online at www.myworldofwork.co.uk
ILA's must be in place before the course, they cannot be submitted retrospectively.
Is there more information available online?
You can use the above QR code to connect directly to the course details.