Motor Vehicle - IMI Diploma 2 Light Vehicle Maintenance and Repair SCQF Level 5
What is special about this course?
This programme develops the skills learned in the IMI Diploma Level 1 Light Vehicle Maintenance and Repair programme and includes more in-depth understanding of fuel, braking, chassis, engineering and transmission systems.
This course is certified by the Institute of the Motor Industry (IMI) and delivered at SCQF Level 5.
- IMI Diploma Level 1 Light Vehicle Maintenance and Repair and/or
- 3 National 4 passes, including English and Mathematics or Physics
- There are no formal entry requirements for mature applicants, though it is expected that applicants can provide evidence of skills and knowledge gained in the motor vehicle industry, as detailed in your personal statement with the application.
- Health and safety
- Knowledge of supporting roles in automotive
- Skills in supporting job roles in automotive
- Knowledge of materials, fabrication, tools
- Skills in materials, fabrication and tools
- Knowledge of routine light vehicle maintenance
- Skills in routine light vehicle engine maintenance
- Knowledge of light vehicle engine mechanical
- Knowledge of light vehicle fuel, ignition, air
- Skills in removing and replacing light vehicle
- Knoiwledge of light vehicle electrical units
- Skills in removing and replacing light vehicles
- Knowledge of light vehicle chassis units
- Knowledge of inspecting light vehicles
- Skills in inspecting light vehicles
- Knowled of light vehicle transmission.
How will I study my course?
- Full Time
- Face to face
How long will my course last?
Where can I study my course?
- Inverness Campus
For the latest information on fees please see our fees policy.
What can I do on completion of my course?
What can you do next?
- Employment within the motor vehicle industry
- A Modern Apprenticeship within the motor vehicle industry
- IMI Diploma Level 3 Light Vehicle Maintenance and Repair (SCQF Level 6/7)
Is there more information available online?
You can use the above QR code to connect directly to the course details.
Apply for Motor Vehicle - IMI Diploma 2 Light Vehicle Maintenance and Repair SCQF Level 5
We are no longer accepting applications for 2021/22
We are delighted that you are thinking about studying at Inverness College UHI. Inverness College operates a fair and open admissions system committed to equality of opportunity and non-discrimination. We consider all applications on merit and on the basis of ability to achieve, without discrimination on grounds of age, disability, gender identity, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity status, race, religion and/or belief, sex, sexual orientation or socio-economic background. We welcome applications from all prospective students and aim to provide appropriate and efficient services to students with disabilities.