Inverness College UHI is committed to ensuring that the processing of personal data is only undertaken in the legitimate operation of the College’s business.
The College collects and uses information (data) about its staff, students and other individuals and bodies that it has contact with, and aims to follow the 6 principles outlined within the UK Data Protection Act 2018 and EU General Data Protection Regulation. We will not sell your data to any 3rd party for marketing purposes.
Personal data should be:
- Processed lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner
- Collected for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes,
- Adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary,
- Accurate and where necessary kept up to date,
- Kept in a form which permits identification of date subjects for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which those data are processed, and
- Processed in a manner that ensures appropriate security of the personal data
Inverness College UHI is registered with the Information Commissioner's Office and a copy of our registration can be viewed at www.ico.gov.uk
Individuals have a right under the Act to make a request in writing for a copy of the information that an organisation holds about them on computer or in some manual filing systems. This is called a 'subject access request'.
If you wish to make a subject access request, please contact the college’s data controller:
The Data Controller
Inverness College UHI
1 Inverness Campus
Email Data Controller or telephone 01463 273517.
You can also make a request using the Subject Access Form.
You must specify which records or information you would like a copy of and any relevant dates that apply. Please note if your request is not specific enough you may be asked to supply further information to help identify the records that you want. You may also be asked for proof of your identity.