Engineering is a fast moving and diverse industry with many occupational routes.
How it works...
Assessors will attend the work place on a regular basis. Assessors will assess competency and can advise and guide on any work that may be required.
Assessments take the form of written and practical assignments. Written assessments are carried out by the apprentice under the guidance of an assessor.
- Instil your company’s values whilst training
- Motivate existing staff by investing in the workforce and providing supervisory opportunities
- Develop up to date and relevant skills and qualifications
- Cost effective training supported by funding from Skills Development Scotland (up to 100% funding depending on age and eligibility criteria)
- Create and retain a modern skilled workforce
- Debt-free learning
- Nationally recognised qualifications
- A route to great pay
- Career progression opportunities
- Significant experience to enhance your CV
- Possible support with travel costs if coming to college
Inverness College UHI as a training provider offers Modern Apprenticeships in Engineering for students already in employment at Craft, Technical or Management Level. Registration and certification of the qualification is through the awarding body EAL.
Each discipline is tailored to suit company needs while training the individual to a high competency level.
This course consists of work-based training and provides the dual benefit of students gaining a nationally recognised qualification while being paid as they work.
Engineering is a fast moving and diverse industry with many occupational routes. Each discipline is tailored to suit company needs while training the individual to a high competency level.
Over the course of the apprenticeship you will work to achieve the SVQ 3 Mechanical Engineering qualification at SCQF level 6/7.
What you need...
- Must be in relevant employment
- It is recommended that candidates should have National 4 passes in English, Maths, a Science subject and Craft/Design Technology.
Where you can go...
- HNC Engineering Systems