The business services sector has been identified in Scotland's economic strategy as a growth sector.
SVQ Level 3
Face-to-Face | Day-Release | Work-Based
How it works...
A Modern Apprenticeship is a work-based qualification for people employed in the industry. The programme is a combination of work-based and college training and provides the dual benefit of students gaining a nationally recognised qualification while being paid as they work.
- Instil your company’s values whilst training
- Motivate existing staff by investing in the workforce and providing supervisory opportunities
- Develop up to date and relevant skills and qualifications
- Cost effective training supported by funding from Skills Development Scotland (up to 100% funding depending on age and eligibility criteria)
- Create and retain a modern skilled workforce
- Debt-free learning
- Nationally recognised qualifications
- A route to great pay
- Career progression opportunities
- Significant experience to enhance your CV
- Possible support with travel costs if coming to college
Business Administrators at this level undertake a wide range of complex tasks in a variety of work contexts. They have a high degree of autonomy and responsibility and may provide some supervisory support.
Job titles for Business & Administration Apprentices could include:
- Administrator Clerk,
- Administration Officer,
- Executive Officer,
- Administration Team Leader,
- Office Supervisor,
- Personal Assistant (PA),
The SVQ is developed by the sector skills body for this occupational area - the Council for Administration. The course is delivered through a mixture of assessor visits to the workplace, college attendance and the production of a portfolio of evidence.
Registration and certification of the qualification is through the awarding body Council for Administration (CfA).
What you need...
You should be employed in an office-based environment.
Where you can go...
- HNC Administration/Business
- PDA qualifications at SCQF level 7
- Personal assistant/Secretary
- Office supervisor
- General administrator