Hairdressers at this level undertake a wide range of tasks; learning customer service skills, understanding trichology, colouring and cutting techniques.
SVQ Level 2
Work-based, Face-to-Face, Day-Release
How it works...
A Modern Apprenticeship is a work-based qualification for people employed in the industry. The programme is a combination of work-based and college training and provides the dual benefit of students gaining a nationally recognised qualification while being paid as they work.
- Instil your company’s values whilst training
- Motivate existing staff by investing in the workforce and providing supervisory opportunities
- Develop up to date and relevant skills and qualifications
- Cost effective training supported by funding from Skills Development Scotland (up to 100% funding depending on age and eligibility criteria)
- Create and retain a modern skilled workforce
- Debt-free learning
- Nationally recognised qualifications
- A route to great pay
- Career progression opportunities
- Significant experience to enhance your CV
- Possible support with travel costs if coming to college
The following units are completed on this course:
- Develop and Maintain your Effectiveness at Work
- Advise and Consult with Clients
- Shampoo, Condition and Treat the Hair Scalp
- Colour and Lighten Hair
- Style and Finish Hair
- Set and Dress Hair
- Cut Hair Using Basic Techniques
- Plait and Twist Hair
The SVQ is developed by HABIA the sector skills body for this occupational area. The course is delivered through a mixture of assessor visits to the workplace, college attendance and the production of a portfolio of evidence.
Registration and certification of the qualification is through the awarding body HABIA.
What you need...
Candidates should be employed in a hairdressing salon.
Where you can go...
Employment as a qualified Hairdresser