This course develops the skills required for the Building & Construction Industry today.
SCQF Level 6
Face-to-Face | Work based
2, 3 or 4 Years dependent on experience (32 weeks in college)
How it works...
A Modern Apprenticeship is a work-based qualification for people employed in the industry. The programme is a combination of work-based and college training and provides the dual benefit of students gaining a nationally recognised qualification while being paid as they work.
- Instil your company’s values whilst training
- Motivate existing staff by investing in the workforce and providing supervisory opportunities
- Develop up to date and relevant skills and qualifications
- Cost effective training supported by funding from Skills Development Scotland (up to 100% funding depending on age and eligibility criteria)
- Create and retain a modern skilled workforce
- Debt-free learning
- Nationally recognised qualifications
- A route to great pay
- Career progression opportunities
- Significant experience to enhance your CV
- Possible support with travel costs if coming to college
Inverness College UHI as a training provider offers Modern Apprenticeships in Painting and Decorating for students already in relevant employment.
The modern apprenticeship is a three to four year programme delivered in partnership with the student, employer and training provider and comprises of the following components; SVQ Level 3 in Carpentry and Joinery, PDA in Carpentry and Joinery and Core Skills.
The PDA components of the qualification are delivered in college on block release. The SVQ 3 is delivered in the workplace supported by visits from College assessors.
Content includes units such as..
- Foundation paper hanging
- Basic decorative effects
- Airless spraying
- Patterned paperhanging
- Colour schemes
What you need...
This programme is for those already in the construction industry in the relevant trade discipline.
Where you can go...
- Further study at SCQF level 7, eg PDA in Painting and Decorating, HNC Built Environment
- Employment within the construction industry