Care sector apprenticeships provide opportunities to enhance employees’ technical skills and underpinning knowledge.
SVQ Level 3
18 to 24 months
How it works...
A Modern Apprenticeship is a work-based qualification for people employed in the industry. The programme is a combination of work-based and college training and provides the dual benefit of students gaining a nationally recognised qualification while being paid as they work.
- Instil your company’s values whilst training
- Motivate existing staff by investing in the workforce and providing supervisory opportunities
- Develop up to date and relevant skills and qualifications
- Cost effective training supported by funding from Skills Development Scotland (up to 100% funding depending on age and eligibility criteria)
- Create and retain a modern skilled workforce
- Debt-free learning
- Nationally recognised qualifications
- A route to great pay
- Career progression opportunities
- Significant experience to enhance your CV
- Possible support with travel costs if coming to college
Access is provided to our fully equipped facility at the Inverness College UHI Campus and is complimentary to training conducted in the workplace. The qualification is delivered in partnership with the employer, student and the training provider.
Registration and certification of the qualification is through the awarding body SSSC. The care sector programmes are delivered in partnership with the student, employer and training provider. They comprise of a SVQ qualification and Core Skills.
Candidates develop a portfolio of evidence which enables them to match their skills and knowledge to nationally agreed standards for care.
Candidates will use an electronic portfolio to gather the practice and knowledge required to fulfil the occupational standards for the course.
Examples of units:
- Promote, monitor and maintain health and safety.
- Reflect and develop your practice.
- Promote effective communication.
- Promote health, safety and security in a work setting.
- Develop practice through reflection and learning.
- Promote the safeguarding of individuals.
What you need...
Applicants must be working in a care setting.
This course is not suitable for school leavers.
Where you can go...
- Enhanced career prospects
- Meet SSSC requirements for registration.
- Progression to HNC Social Services may be possible.
- PDA Health and Social Services to meet SSSC requirements.