What is special about this course?
Higher English is part of the full time NC Social Science Level 6 course. It can also be studied alongside Maths and/or Science Highers as part of the Science Highers Programme, or alongside Higher Care and Higher Childcare and Development as part of the Care Practice Highers Programme.
On Higher English you will study language and literature together. You will deepen your understanding of poetry, prose, drama and non-fiction writing, and you'll learn to anlyse fiction and non-fiction texts.
This course is an exciting opportunity to engage with literature and language through discussion, group work, extended essays and projects. If you're passionate about reading, or interested in learning how arguments work, then this Higher is for you!
- National 5 English or equivalent at A or B
- Entry may be subject to interview
You will study the following units:
- H23H 76 English: Analysis and Evaluation (Higher)
- H23T 76 English: Creation and Production (Higher)
How will I study my course?
- Full Time
- Part Time
How long will my course last?
Where can I study my course?
- Inverness Campus
For the latest information on fees please see our fees policy.
Bursary or EMA (Educational Maintenance Allowance) if studying full time along with other subjects
What can I do on completion of my course?
- Undergraduate degree courses in English, Journalism, Media, etc., or in the Humanities more widely
- At Inverness College UHI, BA (Hons) Literature, BA (Hons) History and Literature, BA (Hons) Scottish History and Literature or HNC Creative Industries
Is there more information available online?
You can use the above QR code to connect directly to the course details.