IOSH Managing Safely
What is special about this course?
IOSH (Institution of Occupational Safety and Health) Managing Safely is a four-day course providing a basic introduction to health and safety at work. It concentrates on training delegates to apply sound management principles to health and safety.
This course is suitable for anyone with responsibility for:
- Health and safety
- Personnnel managers/supervisor
- Facilities/premises managers
- Operating Managers
- Safety management
- Reactive monitoring
- Risk assessment and risk control
- Active monitoring
- Review and audit
- Health and safety legislation
- Hazards - general
How will I study my course?
- Short course
How long will my course last?
Where can I study my course?
- Inverness Campus
Contact Business Solutions for current dates
For the latest information on fees please see our fees policy.
£200 ILA funding is available for this course.* To obtain your ILA please contact ILA Scotland on 0800 917 8000 for an application pack or check online at http://www.myworldofwork.co.uk/
* Subject to eligibility
What can I do on completion of my course?
Successful candidates receive the widely recognised IOSH Certificate in Managing Safely. This certificate is valid for 3 years. Please allow at least 8 weeks for your certificate.
This programme will help you to:
- Apply basic management to health and safety issues
- Recognise health and safety hazards in the workplace.
- Take account of risks from work activities arising from human factors
- Ensure that adequate information training and supervision is provided for staff
- Identify what actions should be taken when incidents involving injury or damage occur
- Communicate effectively on health and safety issues
- Understand the main legal responsibilities of employers and managers
Is there more information available online?
You can use the above QR code to connect directly to the course details.
Please call 07385433474 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
or go online to download a course booking form at:
We are delighted that you are thinking about studying at UHI Inverness. UHI Inverness operates a fair and open admissions system committed to equality of opportunity and non-discrimination. We consider all applications on merit and on the basis of ability to achieve, without discrimination on grounds of age, disability, gender identity, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity status, race, religion and/or belief, sex, sexual orientation or socio-economic background. We welcome applications from all prospective students and aim to provide appropriate and efficient services to students with disabilities.