What is special about this course?
Enter the exciting and evolving world of the beauty industry with this qualification.
You will gain the knowledge and skills required to carry out treatments for face, body, nails, as well as make-up application.
There is a combination of theory and practical on this course. An element of self-study is also required.
- Three passes at General grade National 4 including Engish. Biology is desirable.
- Introduction to Beauty (SCQF 4)/NPA Cosmetology
- Your personal statement should reflect your desire to work in this field. Communication skills, a willingness to learn practical skills and working with the general public are essential.
- Ideally, applicants will have experience/knowledge and interest in beauty.
- Applicants are encouraged from mature students who may not have formal qualifications but have skills required to meet the demands of the course.
Additional selection requirements:
Entry to the course is based on you:-
- Meeting the above entry requirements, and
- Attending a course information and selection day
- Facial Skin Care
- Hair, beauty and make-up portfolio presentation
- Day Make-up and basic corrective make-up
- Bridal and evening make-up
- Themed face-painting
- Nail Art
- Reception duties
- Personal care and appearance
- Applying practical skills
- Selling skills
- Salon skills
- The human body
- Back, neck and shoulder massage
- Working with others
- Competition work
How will I study my course?
- Full Time
- Part Time
- Face to face
- Online resources
- Group work
- Role play
- Opportunities to attend external visits, eg Scottish Beauty Show and International Make up Artistry Trade Show (IMATS), London.*
- External training opportunitiies, eg Eve Taylor product knowledge and Steiner Cruise Liner international recruitment talk
- Industry CPD*
As part of your course, you will work with community groups and participate in fundraising events to enhance your experience.
The course is timetabled for up to 3 days per week between 9am and 5pm, with the possibility of an early evening session.
*Additional costs apply
How long will my course last?
Where can I study my course?
- Inverness Campus
For the latest information on fees please see our fees policy.
You may be eligible to apply for an Educational Maintenance Allowance or Bursary.
What can I do on completion of my course?
- Progression onto NC Beauty Care Level 6
- Employment in the beauty industry
Is there more information available online?
You can use the above QR code to connect directly to the course details.