Social Science NC Level 5
What is special about this course?
This course introduces you to the study of Social Sciences. You will study Psychology, Sociology, History and English at Level 5. This course is an exciting opportunity to learn about how society works and how people interact with each other. There will be plenty of discussion and group work, and the chance to talk about 'big ideas': the meaning of life, what makes people think, how individuals interact with one another.
- Four National 4 passes, one must include English, Relevant subjects include Sociology, Psychology, Modern Studies, History, RMPS, French.
- Mature students’ accreditation of prior experience and learning will be taken into consideration and you will be interviewed.
You will study:
- Level 5 Psychology
- Level 5 Sociology
- Level 5 History
- Level 5 English
- Level 5 ESOL is also available as an option on this course.
- Level 5 Communication
- Level 4 ICT
- Heritage Industry in Scotland
How will I study my course?
- Full Time
- Part Time
How long will my course last?
Where can I study my course?
- Inverness Campus
For the latest information on fees please see our fees policy.
Bursary or EMA (Educational Maintenance Allowance)
What can I do on completion of my course?
- NC Social Science at SCQF Level 6.
- There may be opportunities for employment in the private or public sector, for example within social services, social care or the youth and community sector.
Is there more information available online?
You can use the above QR code to connect directly to the course details.
Apply for Social Science NC Level 5
We are delighted that you are thinking about studying at Inverness College UHI. Inverness College operates a fair and open admissions system committed to equality of opportunity and non-discrimination. We consider all applications on merit and on the basis of ability to achieve, without discrimination on grounds of age, disability, gender identity, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity status, race, religion and/or belief, sex, sexual orientation or socio-economic background. We welcome applications from all prospective students and aim to provide appropriate and efficient services to students with disabilities.