What is special about this course?
This course introduces you to the study of Social Sciences. At its core are Psychology, Sociology, History and English at Level 5. This course is an exciting opportunity to learn about how society works and how people interact with each other. There will be plenty of discussion and group work, and the chance to talk about 'big ideas': the meaning of life, what makes people think, how individuals interact with one another.
- Four National 4 passes, one must include English, Relevant subjects include Sociology, Psychology, Modern Studies, History, RMPS, French.
- Four Standard Grade passes at 2 or above, one must be English. Relevant subjects include Sociology, Psychology, Modern Studies, History, RMPS, French.
- Mature students’ accreditation of prior experience and learning will be taken into consideration and you will be interviewed.
You will study:
- Level 5 Psychology
- Level 5 Sociology
- Level 5 History
- Level 5 English
- Level 5 ESOL is also available as an option on this course.
How will I study my course?
- Full Time
- Part Time
How long will my course last?
Where can I study my course?
- Inverness Campus
For the latest information on fees please see our fees policy.
Bursary or EMA (Educational Maintenance Allowance)
What can I do on completion of my course?
- NC Social Science at SCQF Level 6.
- There may be opportunities for employment in the private or public sector, for example within social services, social care or the youth and community sector.
Is there more information available online?
You can use the above QR code to connect directly to the course details.