Painting and Decorating NPA
What is special about this course?
Are you looking to pursue a career in painting and decorating or a related construction occupation?
You will gain essential hands-on skills in our classrooms and workshops and real-life experience of the painting and decorating trade through a work placement. We have established employer links which also include site visits and guest speakers.
Good attendance and achievement on this course will enhance opportunities for anyone who is enthusiastic, with a keen interest to progress onto an apprenticeship or employment as a painter and decorator.
- There are no formal entry requirements for this course, however, your personal statement should reflect your passion for this subject.
- You will need to demonstrate that you are motivated and interested in painting and decorating.
- Preparing and painting surfaces
- Decorative painting
- Decorative treatments
- Health and Safety in the Construction Industry
How will I study my course?
- Full Time
- The programme will be delivered face to face delivery.
Various teaching methods will be used including:-
- Workshops (practical) – to develop practical craft skills and dexterity as well as an awareness of Health and Safety and enhance communications skills.
- Workshops (design and technical) – Case study scenarios will be used to investigate, research and solve problems in group and/or individual activities.
- Tutorials – we encourage debate to support teaching and learning.
- Visiting speakers – selected for subject expertise and experience, where these bring a substantial benefit to students and allow the students to hear from other peers out with the academic staff. Students will also be able to present on projects they have been working on to enhance learning.
- Project based learning – much of the programme will be framed around a series of projects to engage and interest learners.
How long will my course last?20 Weeks
4 days per week
Where can I study my course?
- Inverness Campus
For the latest information on fees please see our fees policy.
What can I do on completion of my course?
- NC Built Environment or related SCQF 6 construction course
- Semi-skilled labourer in the construction industry
- Modern Apprenticeship in Painting and Decorating
Is there more information available online?
You can use the above QR code to connect directly to the course details.
Apply for Painting and Decorating NPA
We are delighted that you are thinking about studying at UHI Inverness. UHI Inverness operates a fair and open admissions system committed to equality of opportunity and non-discrimination. We consider all applications on merit and on the basis of ability to achieve, without discrimination on grounds of age, disability, gender identity, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity status, race, religion and/or belief, sex, sexual orientation or socio-economic background. We welcome applications from all prospective students and aim to provide appropriate and efficient services to students with disabilities.