Financial Accounting PDA
Course code 94N4
What is special about this course?
These 'mini' HE Accounting awards are made up of four HN units which can either be completed as stand-alone awards, or can be built on and lead to full HNC awards. PDAs are nationally-recognised qualifications, which can help to enhance the career prospects of candidates. Attendance is required at college classes on a part-time basis.
- This course will develop technical and administrative knowledge relevant to current financial accounting practice
- You will gain knowledge of manual book-keeping skills and be prepared for employment in a financial accounting role
- You will develop skills using commercially produced financial accounting software
- You will gain experience in preparing final accounts for a range of business organisations
- Some previous accounts knowledge required
- Please contact your local college for more information
- NC Business
Year 1 - PDA
- Preparing final accounts
- Recording financial information
- Using financial accounting software
How will I study my course?
- Part-time distance
- You will study through supported online learning using the university's virtual learning environment (VLE)
- All subjects are internally assessed on an ongoing basis
- For more information, contact your local campus
How long will my course last?
- Part-time: 1 year
Where can I study my course?
- Variable start dates for distance learning at Perth College UHI (contact the college for more information)
For information on costs of this course please contact the campus where you wish to study.
External scholarships and financial support, such as an Individual Training Account, may be available. Please contact the relevant UHI partner college for more information.
What can I do on completion of my course?
On completion of the PDA Financial Accounting, you may consider an accounting or business role.
Former students have secured roles in management and business organisations.
Can I progress into further study?
Is there more information available online?
You can use the above QR code to connect directly to the course details.
Apply for Financial Accounting PDA
We are delighted that you are thinking about studying at the University of the Highlands and Islands. We operate a fair and open admissions system committed to equality of opportunity and non-discrimination. We consider all applications on merit and on the basis of ability to achieve, without discrimination on grounds of gender, age, disability, ethnicity and socio-economic background. We welcome applications from all prospective students and aim to provide appropriate and efficient services to students with disabilities.