What is special about this course?
This course is an essential part of training for all carers involved in the administration of medication in care homes, residential care or care at home services.
The award will become part of the recommended CPD for staff working in this sector. The PDA consists of two units: Administration of Medication and Administer Medication to Individuals.
- You will develop the knowledge required to prepare for, administer, and monitor the effects of medication on individuals.
- You will also have an understanding of how to record and store, and dispose of medication safely.
- The course will allow you to become more familiar with adverse reactions and how to respond to emergency situations.
- Literary subject at SCQF level 5 or above
- SVQ 2 Health & Social Care, SVQ 3 Health and Social Care.
- You should also have appropriate experience in the fields of health and care
Year 1 - PDA
Core modules are:
- Administration of Medication
- Administer Medication to Individuals
How will I study my course?
Part Time (Structured)
- Work based
- You will be assessed in the workplace and will be allocated an assessor.
How long will my course last?
Part time: 6 months
Where can I study my course?
- Argyll College UHI
- Inverness College UHI
- North Highland College UHI
- Perth College UHI
- Other start dates may be available in some locations. For information on other start dates, and how to apply for them, please contact the campus where you wish to study.
For information on costs of this course please contact the college at which you wish to study.
External scholarships and financial support may be available. Contact the relevant campus for more information.
What can I do on completion of my course?
This PDA will be studied by students already working within an appropriate health or social care setting and will form part of CPD requirements for SSSC registration.
Can I progress into further study?
Following successful completion of the PDA Administration of Medication you may wish to continue to SVQ4 Health & Social Care/Social Services, BA (Hons) Health Studies, or BA (Hons) Child and Youth Studies.
Is there more information available online?
You can use the above QR code to connect directly to the course details.