Office Administration PDA
Course code 91N7
What is special about this course?
This professional development award is aimed at those working in an office administration role and aims to further develop knowledge and experience gained from the workplace.
This award will help you to develop technical and administrative knowledge relevant to current administrative practice, develop personal effectiveness skill and customer care skills. You will also improve your communication and presentation techniques using IT and develop an awareness of legal and regulatory requirements in an administration environment.
You can go on to complete other PDAs and work towards HNC Administration and Information Technology.
- You will develop technical and administrative knowledge relevant to current administrative practice
- You will also develop personal effectiveness, customer care skills, communication and presentation techniques, interpersonal skills all relevant to an administrative role
- This course will also allow you to develop an awareness of issues such as current legal and regulatory requirements relating to an administration environment.
- Generally entry is open to any applicant who can demonstrate, by formal qualification or experience, a reasonable expectation of successfully completing the award. It would be beneficial for students to be competent in communication and IT skills to SCQF level 5 and possess good personal and interpersonal skills
- Please contact your local campus for more information on entry requirements
- NC Administration
- NC Business
- For information on other access routes please contact the college at which you wish to study.
Year 1 - PDA
- Office administration
- Digital technologies for administrators
- Communication: business communications
- Personal development planning
How will I study my course?
- Part-time attendance
- Part-time distance (Perth College UHI and Shetland UHI)
This course is offered by blended learning, allowing you the flexibility of on-campus attendance and home study, to fit around work and life commitments.
How long will my course last?
- Part-time: 1 year
Where can I study my course?
- West Highland
- January (at certain campuses only)
For information on costs of this course please contact the campus where you wish to study.
External scholarships and financial support, such as an Individual Training Account, may be available. Please contact the relevant UHI partner college for more information.
What can I do on completion of my course?
The PDA in Office Administration will prepare candidates for employment in administrative roles within a wide range of public and private sector organisations. The type of positions, which may be taken up by candidates within the business and administrative environments include:
- Virtual Assistants
- General Administrators
Can I progress into further study?
Is there more information available online?
You can use the above QR code to connect directly to the course details.
Apply for Office Administration PDA
Please note that UHI North Highland, UHI Outer Hebrides and UHI West Highland will be changing their names to become UHI North, West and Hebrides in August 2023, subject to Scottish Government approval. This will not impact on your choice of course or how and where you will study.
We are delighted that you are thinking about studying at the University of the Highlands and Islands. We operate a fair and open admissions system committed to equality of opportunity and non-discrimination. We consider all applications on merit and on the basis of ability to achieve, without discrimination on grounds of gender, age, disability, ethnicity and socio-economic background. We welcome applications from all prospective students and aim to provide appropriate and efficient services to students with disabilities.