Global Entrepreneurship PgCert
What is special about this course?
Are you spending more time working IN your business than ON your business? Would you like to learn more to help your business but not sure what or how? Does your business need to develop a more global outlook to prepare for the future? If so, this new PgCert Global Entrepreneurship is for you.
This innovative course supports you to respond to the ever-evolving business environment and enables you to study on a part-time basis while starting or growing your business.
The course is aimed at business professionals and new and early stage entrepreneurs who have already gained experience in small business, typically in a number of settings. Small businesses are the lifeblood of our local and global economies and communities. Increasingly small business owners are managing a wide range of diverse challenges and opportunities in a dynamic and fast-changing marketplace. On this programme you will have the opportunity to apply business and entrepreneurial concepts and tools to the strategic challenges you face daily.
Many small businesses invest in training to enhance their technical skills and to achieve compliance, however this programme enables a strategic focus on you, as the business leader, and on the growth of your business.
The course is studied predominantly online, with support from module tutors, your personal mentor and your personal academic tutor, as well as the wider programme team of experienced business professionals. This triangle of support is unique to the university and, due to the virtual and interactive nature of the course, is available at a time and place to meet your needs.
As a result, the course is focused on providing practical and applied knowledge that will help you to grow and develop your business as well as build your confidence and leadership skills. It will support you to become increasingly responsive and exploit emerging opportunities in the dynamic global economy.
- Taught by highly experienced entrepreneurs and academics
- Each learner will have their own personal mentor to encourage/support their learning and the development of their business
- Learning on this programme is highly practical and ensures you move beyond theory to meet the needs of you and your business
- You will be challenged to develop your ideas and seek out opportunities for sustainable growth
- All project and assessment work is based on your business and relevant development plans
- The global focus will help you to identify international opportunities for growth and learn from international best practice and case studies
- You can achieve an internationally recognised qualification while building your own business, allowing you to continue your lifelong learning
- Normally a 2:1 (and not less than 2:2) honours degree or international equivalent. There is no barrier to entry based on the subject studied
- Applicants with a professional qualification, recognised as equivalent to the above, will also be considered
- Applicants with other qualifications or relevant experience are encouraged to apply and will be considered on an individual basis
- Applicants will also be expected to have two years’ relevant business experience. However, in exceptional circumstances admission may be granted to those with less than two years' business experience, who are well-qualified academically and can provide evidence of business leadership through professional and personal experiences
You will study three core modules:
- Entrepreneurial mind-set for growth
- Developing an innovative business model
- Effective sales and collaboration
How will I study my course?
- You will study through supported online learning using the university's virtual learning environment (VLE)
- Part-time (unstructured)
For every professional learner enrolled on the programme, we will provide a ‘triangle of support’ via each module tutor, your allocated personal mentor and your personal academic tutor, as well as support from the wider programme team.
Anyone considering applying for this programme is encouraged to contact the course team to discuss and help you confirm that this is the right course for you and your business. You can contact the team by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
How long will my course last?
- Part-time (unstructured): 18 months (September start) - taking place over three x 12-week semesters with an average of 4 hours tutor-supported activity each week and 13 hours personal study plus assessment
Where can I study my course?
- Inverness College UHI - This is a fully online programme: you will apply to, and get support from, the CREATE team at Inverness College UHI
|2019-20||Scottish/EU/Rest of UK (online)||International (online)|
|Pg Cert (3 modules, 20 credits)||£2,450||tbc|
External scholarships and financial support may be available. Contact the relevant UHI partner college for more information.
What can I do on completion of my course?
Aimed at existing business professionals, as well as new and early-stage entrepreneurs, this programme is designed to support the strengthening and development of your entrepreneurial mindset and leadership skills, in order that you are able to gain a recognised, internationally-relevant, postgraduate degree while enhancing your personal and business development.
On successful completion of the programme, you will be well-placed to develop and grow your own business or seek employment in a range of settings such as enterprise and economic development.
It is expected that graduates of the programme will be able to demonstrate enhanced global leadership and entrepreneurial capabilities, which are:
- vital to building and growing a successful venture in any context
- highly sought after by enterprise and business organisations
- actively required by entrepreneurial and growing businesses
This qualification is a fast-paced, immersive learning opportunity, which will give you a distinctive edge in the global business environment and the dynamic job market.
Can I progress into further study?
Successful students can progress into a masters level qualification such as the MSc Leadership and Management.
Successful completion of this course is likely to mean that you could be awarded Recognised Prior Learning for up to two modules in the Postgraduate Diploma level of the MSc Leadership and Management programme.
Is there more information available online?
You can use the above QR code to connect directly to the course details.
Apply for Global Entrepreneurship PgCert
We are delighted that you are thinking about studying at the University of the Highlands and Islands. We operate a fair and open admissions system committed to equality of opportunity and non-discrimination. We consider all applications on merit and on the basis of ability to achieve, without discrimination on grounds of gender, age, disability, ethnicity and socio-economic background. We welcome applications from all prospective students and aim to provide appropriate and efficient services to students with disabilities.