Introduction to Engineering SCQF Level 4
What is special about this course?
This introductory level, broad based course offers an insight into various areas of both mechanical and electrical engineering including basic welding, electrical, electronics, motor vehicle mechanics and bench fitting skills..
This course commences in January only.
- Your personal statement will reflect your desire to learn this subject but core skills in Communication, Maths and Information Technology at Intermediate 1 or National 3 level will abe preferred.
- You may be asked to attend an interview.
- Engineering skills - manufacture and assembly
- Engineering skills - fabrication
- Engineering skills - mechanical
- Engineering skills - electrical/electronic
- Automotive skills
- Core skills including numeracy, communication, personal/study/employment/enterprise skills
How will I study my course?
- Full Time
- Full time
How long will my course last?18 Weeks
Where can I study my course?
- Inverness Campus
For the latest information on fees please see our fees policy.
What can I do on completion of my course?
Is there more information available online?
You can use the above QR code to connect directly to the course details.
Apply for Introduction to Engineering SCQF Level 4
We are delighted that you are thinking about studying at UHI Inverness. UHI Inverness operates a fair and open admissions system committed to equality of opportunity and non-discrimination. We consider all applications on merit and on the basis of ability to achieve, without discrimination on grounds of age, disability, gender identity, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity status, race, religion and/or belief, sex, sexual orientation or socio-economic background. We welcome applications from all prospective students and aim to provide appropriate and efficient services to students with disabilities.