NPA Construction Skills SCQF Level 5
What is special about this course?
This Level 5 NPA Construction course provides progression from the Level 4 Construction Skills course.
It offers you practical experience in the different sectors of the construction industry.
There are many construction opportunities for those who are enthusiastic and appropriately trained. The ability to problem solve, construct and manufacture construction projects effectively will enhance employment opportunities within the industry.
The practical experience gained on this course will help you make an informed choice about which trade you prefer to continue through either employment, possible apprenticeship or further college training.
Attendance pattern:- Delivered Monday to Thursday, 9am-5pm in semester 2 (January start).
Teaching will take the form of practical, hands-on activities in a workshop environment, combined with classroom-based lessons.
Students will complete three SQA unit credits at level 5.
How will I study my course?
The programme will include face to face delivery, supported by the virtual learning environment. Teaching methods include:-
- Workshops (practical) – tto develop practical craft skills and dexterity as well as an awareness of Health and Safety and enhance communications skills.
- Workshops (design and technical) – Case study scenarios will be used to investigate, research and solve problems in group and/or individual activities.
- Tutorials – we encourage debate to support teaching and learning.
- Visiting speakers – selected for subject expertise and experience, where these bring a substantial benefit to students and allow the students to hear from other peers outwith the academic staff. Students will also be able to present on projects they have been working on to enhance learning.
- Project based learning – much of the programme will be framed around a series of projects.
How long will my course last?
This course is delivered in semester 2 (January start).
Where can I study my course?
- Inverness Campus
For the latest information on fees please see our fees policy.
What can I do on completion of my course?
You might go on to:-
- Apply for a modern apprenticeship
- NC Built Environment or Civil Engineering
Is there more information available online?
You can use the above QR code to connect directly to the course details.
I want to start in January 2023
We are delighted that you are thinking about studying at UHI Inverness. UHI Inverness operates a fair and open admissions system committed to equality of opportunity and non-discrimination. We consider all applications on merit and on the basis of ability to achieve, without discrimination on grounds of age, disability, gender identity, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity status, race, religion and/or belief, sex, sexual orientation or socio-economic background. We welcome applications from all prospective students and aim to provide appropriate and efficient services to students with disabilities.