Business and Accounting NQ SCQF Level 5
What is special about this course?
The aim of this qualification is to provide an introduction to business and accounting for school leavers and mature students, giving the confidence and skills needed to find entry level work in a business, administration and/or accounting environment; or to progress to further study at Higher National level.
- School leavers: Four Standard Grades at 3 or above/National 4 at pass, including English.
- A personal statement that reflects a desire to work in the field.
- Mature students who may not have formal qualifications but have skills required to meet the demands of the course will be considered.
- Understanding business
- Management of marketing and operations
- Skills for customer care
- IT software packages
- Market operations and the Scottish economy
- Management of people and finance
- Analysing accounting information
- Preparing financial accounting
- Recording transcations in the ledger
- Handling wages and salaies
- Preparing management accounting
- Scottish legal framework
- Enterprise activity
- Problem solving
- Working with others
How will I study my course?
- Full Time
This course will be delivered through a combination of face to face teaching on campus and online learning.
How long will my course last?
Where can I study my course?
- Inverness Campus
For the latest information on fees please see our fees policy.
What can I do on completion of my course?
HNC Business or HNC Accounting
Employment at entry level work in a business, administration and/or accounting environment.
Is there more information available online?
You can use the above QR code to connect directly to the course details.
Apply for Business and Accounting NQ SCQF Level 5
We are delighted that you are thinking about studying at Inverness College UHI. Inverness College operates a fair and open admissions system committed to equality of opportunity and non-discrimination. We consider all applications on merit and on the basis of ability to achieve, without discrimination on grounds of age, disability, gender identity, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity status, race, religion and/or belief, sex, sexual orientation or socio-economic background. We welcome applications from all prospective students and aim to provide appropriate and efficient services to students with disabilities.