Health and Social Care SCQF Level 6
What is special about this course?
Through practical and classroom learning, you will develop knowledge and understanding of human growth and development. On successful completion, you will achieve SVQ 2 Social Services and Healthcare.
- Four National 5 passes at C or above, one must be English.
- You will be required to attend an interview and complete a short piece of written work.
- This is a Category 1 PVG course: PVG Scheme membership is required to successfully achieve target qualification, where there is guaranteed contact with vulnerable groups in key elements of the course. For further information visit our PVG scheme webpage.
You will learn thorugh a combination of face-to-face and online study via the virtual learning environment, with support from your tutors.
How will I study my course?
- Full Time
How long will my course last?1 Year
1 year full time
Where can I study my course?
- Inverness Campus
For the latest information on fees please see our fees policy.
What can I do on completion of my course?
- This course builds the foundations of a career in either nursing, health or social care, eg nurse education, paramedic education, further studies in Allied Health Professions
- HNC Social Services and thereafter possibly BA (Hons) Child & Youth Studies or BA (Hons) Health and Social Studies
- Employment in a health/care environment.
Is there more information available online?
You can use the above QR code to connect directly to the course details.
Apply for Health and Social Care SCQF Level 6
We are delighted that you are thinking about studying at UHI Inverness. UHI Inverness operates a fair and open admissions system committed to equality of opportunity and non-discrimination. We consider all applications on merit and on the basis of ability to achieve, without discrimination on grounds of age, disability, gender identity, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity status, race, religion and/or belief, sex, sexual orientation or socio-economic background. We welcome applications from all prospective students and aim to provide appropriate and efficient services to students with disabilities.