Beauty SVQ 2
What is special about this course?
SVQ 2 beauty has been designed in partnership with the industry to ensure the relevance of units meets the beauty industry requirements. Students carry out treatments during term time on clients in our salons that are equipped with the latest equipment and technology.
This qualification builds the skills needed to become a trainee beauty therapist in today’s beauty industry.
This course is designed to help you become a junior stylist at the end of the programme. It is the perfect springboard for a future career in the beauty industry. During the year you will learn all aspects of salon work from nails, waxing to the face and make-up, and health and safety skills.
Our training salon provides the perfect setting to practice your new-found skills in a commercial environment. You are encouraged to actively seek work experience in a local salon.
You will also have the opportunity to take part in competitions, volunteer for projects such as fashion shows or drama productions, organise fundraising events for charity and learn from industry experts.
To succeed in beauty, you will need to be passionate, committed and enjoy working with people.
Support is available from student services and lecturers to assist you throughout your course.
- 3 National 4s desirable or relevant life experience.
- Preferred English, Biology
- Equivalent qualification and salon experience
Units may include:
- Enhance the appearance of the eyebrows
- Enhance the appearance of the eyelashes
- Provide Facial Skin Care
- Carry out waxing services
- Provide make-up services
- Provide manicure Services
- Provide Pedicure Services
- Provide Gel Polish Services
- Develop and Maintain your effectiveness at work
- Information and Technology
- Salon Skills
How will I study my course?
- Full Time
- Part Time
You will learn face to face on campus three days a week.
How long will my course last?1 Academic Year
- Full-Time - 1 Year, 16 hours per week
- Part-Time (Unstructured) - 2 Years, 8 hours per week
Where can I study my course?
- Inverness Campus
For the latest information on fees please see our fees policy.
- There may be opportunities across the programme to attend optional external visits. Should you wish to participate in these activities there may additional costs.
Fees are payable on enrolment each academic year.
Please contact email@example.com if you have any further questions on fees.
What can I do on completion of my course?
- NC Beauty 6
- HNC Beauty
- Employment in a beauty salon or spa
- Self employed
Is there more information available online?
You can use the above QR code to connect directly to the course details.
Apply for Beauty SVQ 2
We are delighted that you are thinking about studying at UHI Inverness. UHI Inverness operates a fair and open admissions system committed to equality of opportunity and non-discrimination. We consider all applications on merit and on the basis of ability to achieve, without discrimination on grounds of age, disability, gender identity, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity status, race, religion and/or belief, sex, sexual orientation or socio-economic background. We welcome applications from all prospective students and aim to provide appropriate and efficient services to students with disabilities.