What is special about this course?
Studying this course will give you intermediate training across a number of mechanical engineering processes. A qualification at this level may lead to employment within the engineering sector or further training on our Engineering Practice NC Level 5.
By the end of the course you will develop skills and understanding in mechanical fitting, machining and CNC machining along with an understanding of how manufacturing integrates with engineering systems.
- Your personal statement will reflect your desire to learn this subject but core skills in Communication, Maths and Information Technology at Intermediate 1 level will be preferred.
- You may be asked to attend an interview.
Students will learn:
- Practical bench fitting skills
- Training on manual turning and milling
- Training on CNC turning and milling
- Students will study the theory underpinning the skills to interpret specifications, engineering drawings, planning, health and safety, maths and information technology. There will also be the opportunity to develop core employability, enterprise and citizenship skills.
How will I study my course?
- Full Time
How long will my course last?
Where can I study my course?
- Inverness Campus
For the latest information on fees please see our fees policy.
What can I do on completion of my course?
- HNC Engineering Systems
- NC Engineering Practice
- Employment as a Modern Apprentice in an engineering discipline, such as machining, manufacturing or maintenance engineering.
Is there more information available online?
You can use the above QR code to connect directly to the course details.