Mechanical Engineering SVQ2 SCQF Level 5
What is special about this course?
Studying this course will give you knowledge across a number of mechanical engineering processes.
By the end of the course you will develop skills and understanding in mechanical fitting, manual machining and CNC machining, along with an understanding of how manufacturing integrates with engineering systems.
- Your personal statement should reflect your desire to learn this subject, but core skills in Communication, Maths and Information Technology at Intermediate 1 level will be preferred.
- You may be asked to attend an interview.
- Complying with statutory regulations
- Using and interpreting engineering data
- Working efficiently and effectively in engineering
- Producing components using hand fitting
- Preparing and using lathes for turning
- Preparing and using milling machines
- Preparing and proving CNC machine tool
- Preparing and using CNC turning machines
- Preparing and using CNC milling machines
- Studies adviser
How will I study my course?
- Full Time
- Full time
- Face to face
How long will my course last?
Where can I study my course?
- Inverness Campus
For the latest information on fees please see our fees policy.
Apply for Mechanical Engineering SVQ2 SCQF Level 5
We are delighted that you are thinking about studying at Inverness College UHI. Inverness College operates a fair and open admissions system committed to equality of opportunity and non-discrimination. We consider all applications on merit and on the basis of ability to achieve, without discrimination on grounds of age, disability, gender identity, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity status, race, religion and/or belief, sex, sexual orientation or socio-economic background. We welcome applications from all prospective students and aim to provide appropriate and efficient services to students with disabilities.