Fabrication and Welding SVQ2 SCQF Level 5
What is special about this course?
Our highly skilled lecturers will support and guide you through the basics of this industry including manual welding processes, fabrication and thermal cutting. Students completing the course will understand the role welding plays within the engineering industry. You will also learn the skills to interpret specifications and engineering drawings, and develop knowledge in planning, health and safety, maths and information technology. There will also be an opportunity to develop core skills in employability and enterprise.
Employment in areas such as energy, oil and gas, engineering maintenance and industrial manufacture are all accessible with a qualification in this subject.
This qualification and be used towards the first year of a Modern Apprenticeship programme.
- Your personal statement will reflect your desire to learn this subejct but core skills in Communication, Maths and Information Technology at Intermediate 1 or National 4 level will be preferred.
- You may be asked to attend an interview.
- Welding preparation skills
- complying with statutory regulations
- Using and interpreting engineering data
- Working efficiently and effectively in engineering
- Producing platework components
- Cutting and shaping materials using thermal
- Preparing and using manual metal arc welding
- Preparing and using manual tig or plasma art
- Preparing and using MIG/MAG
- Tig Welding Preparation Skills
How will I study my course?
- Full Time
- Full time
How long will my course last?
Where can I study my course?
- Inverness Campus
For the latest information on fees please see our fees policy.
What can I do on completion of my course?
Is there more information available online?
You can use the above QR code to connect directly to the course details.
What our students, graduates and staff say
"This course provides an introduction to the world of welding. It can be a beginning to learning a trade or even a creative hobby. The teams' experience in this field is vast and the combined industry experience ensures students are appropriately trained to their level," - Iain King, Head of the School of Engineering Technology.
Apply for Fabrication and Welding SVQ2 SCQF Level 5
We are delighted that you are thinking about studying at Inverness College UHI. Inverness College operates a fair and open admissions system committed to equality of opportunity and non-discrimination. We consider all applications on merit and on the basis of ability to achieve, without discrimination on grounds of age, disability, gender identity, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity status, race, religion and/or belief, sex, sexual orientation or socio-economic background. We welcome applications from all prospective students and aim to provide appropriate and efficient services to students with disabilities.