What is special about this course?
Gain an employer-respected qualification and develop existing hairdressing skills in line with current industry practice, techniques and products.
Prepare for further study and/or employment within the fast-paced hairdressing industry, learning the latest creative cutting, colouring, styling and dressing techniques. You will build your confidence, speed and dexterity as you prepare for work as a stylist in a salon or self-employment.
This course is highly practical in nature and is a natural progression on from the SVQ Level 2..You will enhance existing skills developing fashion techniques in colouring and cutting to an advanced technical level. You will continue to gain realistic experience in our modern training salon, equipped with the latest equipment and products.
This course is also available as Continuing Professional Development (CPD) for work-based students. You will be expected to engage with industry either through work placements or guest lectures.
- SVQ 2 Hairdressing
- Equivalent qualification and salon experience
- Creative colouring and lightening - a variety of fashion colouring techniques
- Specialist hair and scalp treatments - learn how to treat hair and scalp conditions.
- Creative cutting - you will explore current look and develop skills in combination cutting.
- Creatively style and dress hair
- Promotional activities - Plan and deliver a hair show
- Client consultation - Advise and consult on a range of services
- Enhance and evaluate hairdressing skills - Creative total looks.
How will I study my course?
- Full Time
- Part Time
Blended Learning, including the following:
- Face-to-face classroom and practical activities in a realistic salon environment.
- Research project
- Online resources
- Group work
- Work placement. You are expected to find a salon placement.
As part of your course, you will work with community groups and participate in fundraising events to enhance your experience.
The full time course is timetabled for up to 3 days per week between 9am and 5pm, with the possibility of an early evening session.
How long will my course last?
Where can I study my course?
- Inverness Campus
August and January
For the latest information on fees please see our fees policy.
What can I do on completion of my course?
- Further Continuing Professional Development (CPD) study
- Hairdressing employment
Is there more information available online?
You can use the above QR code to connect directly to the course details.
Due to an on-going cyber security incident our systems are currently down. Applications for full-time degree courses can still be made via UCAS but we are unable to take any direct applications. We are doing everything possible to minimise disruption, but this could take some time. Please check back at regular intervals for updates or, if you have a specific query, contact us.