Professional Cookery SVQ3 (Modern Apprenticeship) SCQF Level 6
What is special about this course?
This work-based qualification is delivered in partnership with the employer, student, and the training provider.
Registration and certification of the qualification is through the awarding body People 1st. The qualification comprises of a SVQ3 qualification, Core Skills and mandatory training IOSH Working Safely and REHIS Elementary Hygiene Certificate.
Candidates develop a portfolio of evidence which enables them to match their skills and knowledge to nationally agreed standards for professional chefs.
Applicants must be employed in a professionally equipped kitchen of a café, bistro, restaurant, or hotel preparing and cooking complex dishes. An in depth knowledge of cookery is required and modern techniques, such as sous-vide and water-bathing, must be being practiced. Applicants need to be motivated, work well under pressure, and work to high hygiene and food standards.
This course is not suitable for school leavers.
Candidates will use an electronic portfolio to gather the practice and knowledge required to fulfil the occupational standards for the course.
Examples of units:
- Prepare Fish for Complex Dishes
- Cook and Finish Complex Fish Dishes
- Prepare Shellfish for Complex Dishes
- Prepare Meat for Complex Dishes
- Cook and Finish Complex Meat Dishes
- Prepare Poultry for Complex Dishes
- Cook and Finish Complex Poultry Dishes
- Prepare, Cook and Finish Complex Hot Sauces
- Prepare, Cook and Finish Complex Dressings and Cold Sauces
- Prepare, Cook and Finish Complex Cold Desserts
- Contribute to the Development of Recipes and Menus
- Minimise the Risk of Allergens to Customers
- Prepare, Cook and Finish Complex Hot Desserts
How will I study my course?
- Work based
- Work based
How long will my course last?
Where can I study my course?
- Inverness Campus
- Work Based
For the latest information on fees please see our fees policy.
What can I do on completion of my course?
- Enhanced career prospects
- Employment as a Chef de Partie
Is there more information available online?
You can use the above QR code to connect directly to the course details.
Applications and further course information can be found here: Modern Apprenticeship: Professional Cookery (SVQ3) SCQF 6 - Inverness College UHI
We are delighted that you are thinking about studying at Inverness College UHI. Inverness College operates a fair and open admissions system committed to equality of opportunity and non-discrimination. We consider all applications on merit and on the basis of ability to achieve, without discrimination on grounds of age, disability, gender identity, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity status, race, religion and/or belief, sex, sexual orientation or socio-economic background. We welcome applications from all prospective students and aim to provide appropriate and efficient services to students with disabilities.