Social Services and Healthcare SVQ3 (Modern Apprenticeship) SCQF Level 7
What is special about this course?
Access is provided to our fully equipped facility at the Inverness College UHI campus and is complimentary to training conducted in the workplace. The qualification is delivered in partnership with the employer, student and the training provider.
Registration and certification of the qualification is through the awarding body, Scottish Social Services Council (SSSC). The care sector programmes are delivered in partnership with the student, employer and training provider. This qualifications comprises of a SVQ3 qualification and Core Skills.
Applicants must be working in a care setting.
This course is not suitable for school leavers.
Examples of units:
- Minimise risks arising from emergencies.
- Implement practices that help safeguard individuals from harm or abuse.
- Promote effective communication.
- Promote health, safety and security in a work setting.
- Develop practice through reflection and learning.
- Promote the safeguarding of individuals.
How will I study my course?
- Work based
How long will my course last?
SCQF level 7
Where can I study my course?
- Work Based
For the latest information on fees please see our fees policy.
What can I do on completion of my course?
- Enhanced career prospects
- Meet SSSC requirements for registration.
- Progression to HNC Social Services may be possible.
- PDA Health and Social Services to meet SSSC requirements.
Is there more information available online?
You can use the above QR code to connect directly to the course details.
Due to an on-going cyber security incident our systems are currently down. Applications for full-time degree courses can still be made via UCAS but we are unable to take any direct applications. We are doing everything possible to minimise disruption, but this could take some time. Please check back at regular intervals for updates or, if you have a specific query, contact us.