Social Services and Healthcare SVQ3 (Modern Apprenticeship) SCQF Level 7
What is special about this course?
Access is provided to our fully equipped facility at the Inverness College UHI campus and is complimentary to training conducted in the workplace. The qualification is delivered in partnership with the employer, student and the training provider.
Registration and certification of the qualification is through the awarding body, Scottish Social Services Council (SSSC). The care sector programmes are delivered in partnership with the student, employer and training provider. This qualifications comprises of a SVQ3 qualification and Core Skills.
Applicants must be working in a care setting.
This course is not suitable for school leavers.
Examples of units:
- Minimise risks arising from emergencies.
- Implement practices that help safeguard individuals from harm or abuse.
- Promote effective communication.
- Promote health, safety and security in a work setting.
- Develop practice through reflection and learning.
- Promote the safeguarding of individuals.
How will I study my course?
- Work based
How long will my course last?
SCQF level 7
Where can I study my course?
- Work Based
For the latest information on fees please see our fees policy.
What can I do on completion of my course?
- Enhanced career prospects
- Meet SSSC requirements for registration.
- Progression to HNC Social Services may be possible.
- PDA Health and Social Services to meet SSSC requirements.
Is there more information available online?
You can use the above QR code to connect directly to the course details.
Application and further course information can be found here: Modern Apprenticeship: Social Services and Healthcare SCQF 7 - Inverness College UHI
We are delighted that you are thinking about studying at Inverness College UHI. Inverness College operates a fair and open admissions system committed to equality of opportunity and non-discrimination. We consider all applications on merit and on the basis of ability to achieve, without discrimination on grounds of age, disability, gender identity, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity status, race, religion and/or belief, sex, sexual orientation or socio-economic background. We welcome applications from all prospective students and aim to provide appropriate and efficient services to students with disabilities.