What is special about this course?
Workplace assessments allow candidates to gain recognition for experience and workplace practice. Candidates develop a portfolio of evidence which enables them to match their skills and knowledge to nationally agreed standards for care.
Candidates will use an electronic portfolio to gather the practice and knowledge required to fulfil the occuational standards for the course.
Applicants must be working in a care setting. This course is not suitable for school leavers.
Subjects may include:
- promote, monitor and maintain health and safety
- reflect and develop your practice
- promote effective communication
- promote health, safety and security in a work setting
- develop practice through reflection and learning
- promote the safeguarding of individuals
How will I study my course?
- Work based
Tutor and assessor support
How long will my course last?
Where can I study my course?
- Inverness Campus
Flexible start dates throughout the year
For the latest information on fees please see our fees policy.
What can I do on completion of my course?
- Enhanced career prospects
- Meet Scottish Social Services Council requirements for registration
- Progression to HNC Social Care may be possible
Is there more information available online?
You can use the above QR code to connect directly to the course details.