- Computing with Web Design - SCQF Level 5
- Computing with Cyber Security - SCQF Level 6
- Information Technology and Telecommunications Modern Apprenticeship - SCQF Level 6
- Diploma for Information Security Professionals Modern Apprenticeship - SCQF Level 6
- Computing HNC - SCQF Level 7
- Computing Studies for Teachers - SCQF level 7
- Introduction to Cyber Security (Teachers) CPD Award - SCQF Level 7
- Additional Teaching Qualification in Computing Studies - SCQF level 8
- Computer Science HND - SCQF Level 8
- Computing BSc (Hons) - SCQF Level 9/10
- Applied Software Development BSc (Hons) - SCQF Level 7-10
- MSc Applied Data Science SCQF Level 11 - Email Data.Science.email@example.com
Do you have any questions? Contact us.
Why choose computing?
Why choose computing?
From access level to degree, we have a range of computing courses hardware, apps, programs and software.
Computing and IT are a huge part of everything that touches our lives., from the cars we drive to the ways businesses work. The growth in technology over the past few decades shows no sign of slowing down anytime soon. The influences it has had on our daily lives, just goes to evidence the opportunities and careers available for anyone who wants to be part of such an exciting sector.
Studying computing enables you to advance the way that you think and relate to the world. As well as the technical skills, you will also gain interpersonal skills, such as teamworking and critical thinking, all being closely linked to innovation and development.
There are many different exciting industries to work in, such as medical, education, entertainment, architecture and security, with lots of rewarding job opportunities.
Ready to get started? Find your future here!
Why choose us?
Why choose us?
What to expect from our department:
- Excellent links with employers, giving students access to work placements, site visits, real life projects and guest speakers;
- Subjects taught by lecturers with extensive industry experience;
- Small class sizes and a friendly atmosphere;
- 1-2-1 support from a team of staff;
- Ability to achieve vendor qualifications from Microsoft, CISCO and Oracle;
- Courses accrided by professional bodies including Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA), The Chartered Management Institute (CMI) and The Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD).
We have a commitment to bring our students closer to business and their chosen professions – from the way we teach, the flexibility of our offer (full and part-time as well as online), the courses we deliver and the involvement of employers. Our employer links give our students access to meaningful experiences and opportunities, placements and extra-curricular activity.
There is also an opportunity to study abroad through our Erasmus+ programme and experience life in another culture.
Help on offer includes :
- Individual consultations with careers advisers;
- CV workshops;
- Comprehensive online resources;
- Access to job vacancies;
- Mock interviews.
We prepare students for the workplace; giving them the practical tools to thrive. We will help you develop skills that are highly prized by employers, such as communication skills, working in groups and proficiency in using modern information technology.
An enterprising spirit:
We encourage a spirit of enterprise here at Inverness. Many of our courses are designed to develop our students’ enterprise and employability skills. It’s a key part of the experience and it can really boost your job prospects. CREATE, our Centre for Enterprise and Innovation, delivers more specific modules in entrepreneurship for those with aspirations to start their own businesses. Student enterprise thrives throughout the college with a range of extra-curricular activities including business planning competitions, events and support services for students with real business ideas.
Some of our lecturers have created short videos to tell you about a sample of the courses they teach and why they might be the right fit for you: