UHI Inverness launches part-time evening courses
Six new evening courses, covering the subjects of art, beauty, publishing and interior design, are now open for applications.
The 34-week courses, starting in September, are designed to fit around busy lives and are suitable for anyone who wants to further their career, education or interests.
There are no formal entry requirements for the higher education courses and applicants who earn less than £25,000 a year may be eligible to study for free with a SAAS part-time fee grant.
Starting on 19 and 20 September, the courses are Scottish Qualification Authority accredited, provide a formal qualification and can lead to progression onto other higher education courses.
Students will attend weekly face-to-face evening classes on campus supported by independent learning via Brightspace, our virtual learning environment per week.
The courses on offer are:
- Craft of bookmaking and introductory illustration offers an insight into applied illustration, book binding and publication. It is ideal for those keen on pursuing an interest or career in the publishing or craft sector. The units are mixed media portfolio, an art and design project, developmental drawing, printmaking and producing print.
- Drawing, painting and printmaking portfolio development is designed to support students looking to create a competitive and innovative portfolio of work, with supporting sketchbooks. Students will study portfolio production, painting: exploratory techniques, developmental drawing (including life drawing) and printmaking and producing print.
- It’s all about the body teaches a range of massage skills and techniques in a simulated beauty salon environment, including mechanical massage, and heat and holistic treatments. It is aimed at students interested in starting a new exciting career within beauty therapy.
- It’s all about the face will develop skills in creative make-up and brow artistry, as well as a professional understanding of skin treatments and luxury facials. Students will learn how to style, colour and shape a highly defined brow, devise facial therapy treatments and plan and design make-up looks.
- It’s all about the hands offers training in luxury polish and gel manicure and pedicures, as well as hand, foot and nail therapies. Students will be become proficient in the application and removal of gel nail enhancements.
- Surface pattern print for DIY enthusiasts explores interior design through textiles, illustration and surface pattern design. Students will be taught how to think and work as a designer through the development of sketchbooks, mood boards, design processes and completing a personal project.