Care experienced bursary
The Care Experienced bursary rate will be offered to students who:
- Have been looked after at any period in their life by the Local Authority
- Are beyond their statutory school leaving age of 16
- Are starting a course in September 2021 - you will be 16 by 30 September 2021
- Starting a course a January 2022 - you will be 16 between 1 October 2021 and 28 February 2022
Who qualifies as Care Experienced?
- Permanence order
- Residential care
- Kinship care (both formal and informal)
- Foster care
- Compulsory Supervision Order with no conditions of residence (looked after at home)
- Compulsory Supervision Order with a condition of residence (looked after away from home)
The Care Experienced Bursary rate is £202.50 a week. Care experienced students may also be eligible to receive additional funding elements such as travel and study costs, childcare and/or discretionary hardship.
PLEASE NOTE: If you are care experienced and eligible to remain on a benefit such as Income Support or Universal Credit, the College will review your financial situation with you to ensure that your funding meets your needs (this may mean that it is more beneficial to you to remain on your current benefits). As part of the funding award process, you will be contacted to discuss your award and whether you require support to manage this. If you have any questions, please contact the Student Funding Team by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The College has dedicated Access and Transitions Coordinator to help students who are care experienced. For further information email email@example.com or visit the website at Access and transitions - Care experienced and students who require extra consideration (uhi.ac.uk).
- Inverness College UHI operates an online funding application via the Student Hub.
- You will be invited to apply via the Student Hub once offered an unconditional place on a course and funding opens.
- Documents requested can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or handed into the Student Support Centre.
- Keep an eye on the Student Hub for further information or evidence you need to provide.
- You will be notified of all funding decisions via the Student Hub.