We hope that you are excited about starting your course and looking forward to this new challenge. The first few weeks of study are important. This page will provide all the information you need to hit the ground running and what to expect from your induction.
You will receive further information in July advising you of your induction details.
You can expect to attend a Meet and Greet session as part of your induction. This will take place on:
- Week commencing 21st August 2023 (Further education students, SCQF level 1 to 6).
- Week commencing 28th August 2023 (Higher education students, SCQF level 7 to 12).
At these sessions, you'll receive induction information ahead of starting your studies the following week.
These sessions usually include:
- A welcome by your lecturing team and further information about your course including your course handbook and timetable;
- An introduction to your Personal Development Advisor (PDA) or Personal Academic Tutor (PAT), depending on your level of study. Your PDA/PAT will provide you with ongoing academic support throughout the duration of your studies. Your PDA/PAT is your key point of contact and is there to help you succeed in your studies. They will be able to signpost you to any specialist support you require;
- You will also receive an introduction to The Bothy, our one stop shop for all the wider student support services which are there to help you durin gyour time with us;
- An introduction to our ICT systems, learning platforms, campus buildings and facilities including our Library and Learning Resource Centre;
- An introduction to our students' association - HISA.