We hope that you are excited about starting your course and looking forward to this new challenge. The first few weeks of study are important. This page will provide all the information you need to hit the ground running and what to expect from your induction.
We are currently reviewing our induction arrangements in light of the changing COVID-19 situation. You will receive further information in July advising you of the details.
In the meantime, you can expect to attend a Meet and Greet session as part of your induction. This will take place on:
- Week commencing 23rd August 2021 (Further education students, SCQF level 1 to 6)
- Week commencing 30th August 2021 (Higher education students, SCQF level 7 to 12).
At these sessions, you'll receive induction information ahead of starting your studies the following week.
These sessions usually include:
- An introduction to your Personal Development Advisor (PDA) or Personal Academic Tutor (PAT), depending on your level of study. Your PDA/PAT will provide you with academic support throughout the duration of your studies. Your PDA/PAT is your key point of contact and is there to help you succeed in your studies and will signpost you to any support you require;
- Further information about your course including your course handbook and timetable. You'll also meet staff delivering your course.
- An introduction to our ICT systems, learning platforms, campus buildings and facilities.
- You will also receive an introduction to SkillZone, our one stop shop for study skills, our Student Supprt Team, Library and Learning Resource Centre.